When somebody wants to get unsubscribed from your email list, the best method is to remove him or her immediately. This can be done proficiently by using a service provider, which can involuntarily manage opt-out requests by adding them into the do-not-email list when they click on your opt-out link.
Generally, people withdraw a subscription when they
1. Find out that they are getting too much unnecessary information. Your recipients’ aim to unsubscribe goes up when they obtain excessive emails or content in every email. It is significant to add only significant details in your email. To better control the email frequency, try using a worksheet or calendar.
2. Consider that your email content is inappropriate for them. For example, delivering high quality and luxury products to your recipients when they only want to get discounts and coupons.
3. Find out that your content is not what they are searching for. Your subscribers are not always paying attention to the similar subject lines that you are sending. You can cancel such situation by assessing your click reports and use reviews to keep tabs of your recipients’ interests.
To be better aware of the trends and know the general reasons for email unsubscribe requests, you can provide your unsubscribing customers with a comment form so that they can inform you why they made a decision to opt out of from your email list.
By checking your tracking report frequently and taking the steps given below, you can decrease the number of unsubscribe requests.
1. Cut down your email content. People are generally not in support of lengthy emails. Long content is very much possible to be taken as unapproachable, particularly when it is uncertain at the same time.
2. Do not communicate in excess. When you deliver a lot of emails with insufficient time in between them, your recipients will be clogged with details. Finally, they might quit opening your emails and unsubscribe you.
3. Give multiple methods to unsubscribe. Make it simple for your subscribers to opt-out. This is a CAN-SPAM obligation as well as an alternative that is in your interest. It is significant that you allow your subscribers to effortlessly locate the opt-out link in your message so that they do not become irritated and mark you as spam in its place.
5. Evaluate your effort. You should split test your messages frequently by changing one element at a time to find out even if such a change makes or breaks your email marketing campaign. The best way to examine the trend is by using your email tool or some other appropriate tools provided by your email service provider. When used in combination with your website analytics, the data evaluated to give valuable insights into the accomplishment of your email campaign.
Thus, by following the above stated practices, you can definitely manage your email unsubscribe rate and improve your promotional campaigns.