Even if you are sending a promotional email, a company email newsletter, or promoting a unique product, the target is to make your targeted recipients click to open your message. A compelling subject line will induce them to take that essential next step.
Here are some tips to create good subject lines for your email marketing campaign:
1. You should create a subject line by which people can have a good idea of what they are going to obtain when they click on your email. It should not be perplexing or misleading otherwise you will not at all get a second chance.
2. Lengthy email subject lines can be simply ignored or even get cut off if the receiver is going through emails on a mobile phone. Keep it approximately four to eight words and no more than fifty characters.
3. In every industry, definite trends and latest topics can succeed at any provided time. Keep yourself updated with whatever customers are talking about and convert that buzz to your benefit in the subject line.
4. Do not add language that email inbox filters could oversight your email as spam, such as “Free”, “Discount”, or “Help”. Words which sound urgent like “Reminder” and “Act Now” do not end up in the spam folder, but would not help you with email open rates. And, never type a heading in capital letters.
5. Inserting a number to your subject gives a clear idea of what the recipient can anticipate. Topics like, “Five tips for better branding” or “Seven step plan to increase sales” gives the reader an irrefutable sense of the advantages they will get from opening the message.
6. Email recipients respond poorly to the feeling that they are part of a mass email marketing campaign. As much as feasible, try customizing the subject line so they do not think they are getting a generic message. For instance, when delivering an email to a particular company or group of buyers, add their name in the subject line.
7. There is probably no effective method to create compelling email subject lines than by checking it yourself. What emails are likely to get your interest? Which ones would probably perplex or aggravate you? You want to share helpful details with your intended audience, but they will only comply if the message exactly shows their interests and concerns.
So, email marketing is very simple, but you have to stick with it if you want to see huge profits in your business. You should keep learning about email marketing, and how to create email subject lines that will get people to open up your messages.